Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Gifts

So here are two out of the three things I have been working on lately for Christmas. And now that they have them I can post them up to share with the rest of you! Though there is one other that is taking longer, that I'll post up later. But for now, 2 out of 3 isn't bad right?

The first is a picture of my grandparents dog Bruiser. Who recently passed away due to bone cancer. We all miss him dearly, and when they unwrapped it everyone got a little emotional. But it was happy tears, or at least I would hope. I decided to depict him in one of his funnier moments so it'd be something nice to look back on. And since you have not seen a picture of him, that painting is to scale. He really was that huge.



This other set of three images I did are of a video game my sister and her boyfriend are obsessed with, which is Red Dead Redemption. I can't say I don't love it myself. But! Their apartments decor is mostly art prints, and ones where the alignment of the prints are off on purpose. So instead of making just a poster like image, I thought it'd be fun to do almost a deconstructed set of three images that reflect the main character of the game. 

The other goal is to make it similar enough to where it would work with the other prints they already had. Which all have a very rough, possibly hipster feel to them.  I may do this again and make a series, since it was fun to try to think of three different instances, or objects that I felt really reflected the character as a whole. Doing John I found was difficult since he is such a complex character, so trying it with others could prove a nice challenge. 




They seemed really excited when they got them, and immediately pointed out that they would work well with their "gun prints" which was the point. So all in all, 2 out of the 3 so far have been successful! The third you will be updated on soon, probably in the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment